Wednesday, November 8, 2017

#TrioThursday: Side Stripes

Even way before, stripes have always been associated with sports. They are used in car racing, the black and white vertical stripes worn as uniforms by referees and of course there’s that iconic sports brand with their 3-stripes branding. As to when this all began still remains a mystery to me though. (I didn’t have enough time to research so would appreciate if you have the info. ;)


The stripes detail is interesting because of our item in feature today – the track pants. It has got me thinking how even without the gartered hemlines, latest iterations of this trend come in side-stripes and wide-leg cuts but still look very sporty. And speaking of reinventions, back in the 90s, you’d only see stripes paired with trainers (hello Mel C of Spice Girls! Or check out Brit Brit’s Hit Me One More Time). But with the rise of the athleisure trend, street style stars are rocking the look with heels, statement bags and with feminine touches of statement earrings. This post will feature three looks on how I styled my pairs (a sale item I got from H&M *wink*) for today’s hashtag. Because trust me, if a comfy trend like this is taking over, we must take advantage as long as it lasts. :)





Top/ Pants: H&M; Bag: Mango

Top/ Pants: H&M; Bag/ Shoes: Mango; Earrings: Zaful

Jacket: Mango; Top: Terranova; Pants: H&M

1 comment: