Saturday, December 5, 2015

A Week in Monochrome

Though I always plan my outfits in advance, it's weird that sometimes I feel more accomplished as a planner when there was a certain theme for the week. :P There are times when it'd start with the first outfit decided on a Monday say, a pop of red and then decide to go on a streak thereafter or some cases when I notice later from my fashion app that I have been unconsciously wearing light colors such as pink and orange for consecutive days. For this particular week of interest though, there was a deliberate attempt to wear monochrome for four days. 

So why monochrome? As learned from some credible style websites, this is one of those slimming tips applied by celebrities. As if they need to look more slim XD I know I've just posted something about universally slimming items here but this is another style tip. Wearing one color from head to toe is visually lengthening, making you look taller and leaner. Black on its own is already a slimming choice but other options such as all white and gray works too. Btw, the gray look is taken out since it was already featured in the same link above. :)

What do you think? Do you agree with this styling tip? Sound off in the comments. :)





Bodysuit/ Pants/ Shoes: H&M; Sunnies: Aldo

Top/Pants: Mango; Shoes: H&M. Similar look here.


Blazer/ Pants: Mango; Top: Zara Man; Shoes: Dorothy Perkins Similar look here.






No comments:

Post a Comment