Sunday, October 25, 2015

Scuba Skirt

Scuba meets office? Yes, you can. This tech fabric for the surf/scuba crowd has leapt from the water and and is making its way into the fashion world. I’m talking about scuba fabric or neoprene to be more accurate. It is a family of synthetic rubber that is durable, flexible, insulative, wrinkle,water and UV resistant and judging from these properties I wouldn’t be surprised that fashion designers have picked up on this fabric and worked on it with their creative skills!

Of course, as a scuba diver, I’m enthralled by the very thought of incorporating this to my workplace. Though the fabric has been introduced in the fashion world for years now, somehow it always finds itself back during the summer season. Why not? It’s soft and light – almost like your leather for the summer.

But I think the best thing about this fabric is its sculptural properties. Sometime last month I chanced upon this midi skirt on sale in Topshop and I couldn’t think of anything better for maintaining that A-shape figure than this synthetic material. But aside from volumes though, this textile also works best in hugging your figure. I can still remember the first time I put on a wetsuit and suddenly I felt like I’m Jessica Alba in Into the Blue. Yup, no ab-baring needed. Hahaha. So before I totally digress, let me show you below how I styled this skirt at work. It’s some sort of a monochromatic post. :)


Top: Mango; Skirt: Topshop; Shoes: Unbranded


Top: Bayo; Skirt: Topshop; Shoes: H&M


Top: Zalora PH; Skirt: Topshop; Shoes: Miss Selfridge

No comments:

Post a Comment