Sunday, March 22, 2015

Roooaaarrr!!!

"I've never met a leopard print I didn't like."


One of the outdated fashion rule is to never mix print on print. I believe it was created before for some aesthetic reason but as we all know, rules are meant to be broken.

As quoted above, I love myself a leopard print. But a leopard on leopard? That's just double the fierceness if I dare say. I was really excited when I first visualized this look in my head but hesitated when I first tried it on a regular "dress rehearsal" that I had to abandon the idea completely. It was just too strong for my eyes then.

I gave it another try the week after and, in the words of my fashion styling instructor (yes!!! breaking news, I'm studying :D), "for some supernatural reasons, it worked." Lol! I just had to keep everything else minimal (aka stick to black).

I guess this just proves another point I knew all along. Leopard is a neutral. I've seen it worked on numerous occasions and in different pairings. I guess this is what our ancestors were thinking when they decided to use animal hides for cover (well, practical reasons aside of course!) Aaah, too many takeaways from my styling class. Expect more of that in my future posts. Tata! =)



Dress: H&M
Skirt: Apartment8 Clothing
Shoes: Marks & Spencer
Bag: Charles & Keith
Sunnies: Flea market in Osaka


No comments:

Post a Comment